Saturday, October 14, 2017

Loaded Halloween Gift Bag

It's been awhile since I have posted something creative. I showed some goodies that I had made to a friend and she told me I needed to put them on my blog. I've been busy canning, so today is the first time I've had a break where I could photo and edit to get something up.

I've actually made several items, so my blog will be a bit busy showing what I've created over the next few days rather than post everything here at once.

Last year when I was laid up for months with an ankle that wouldn't heal correctly, I watched a lot of YouTube videos and came across something called A Loaded Envelope. I had some sacks in my stash from many years ago and decided to take that idea and use the sacks. There were also some fun ideas on Pinterest, so this is just a accumulation of all those ideas that I saw last year and put my spin to it.

This started out as a regular sized lunch bag. Walmart has single sacks this size and I had bought a few black ones years ago to make a paper bag album and never used them.

I covered the front and back with cardstock and then folded up the bottom gusset piece and added adhesive to the sides to make a pocket. In the back pocket is a notepad and pen and cocoa packet and straw. The notepad and pen are from Walmart a couple of years ago after Halloween and marked down. I think the straws were also from Walmart. I've had them for awhile so not sure. They could have come from the Target Dollar Spot.


On the front pocket I covered one side of a clothespin with washi tape I got at the Target $ Spot and some orange gems from Dollar Tree. The sparkly ribbon is also from Target $ Spot. On the back is a magnet, so you can put it on your refrigerator and It can hold notes, etc.

close-up of the rosette, the 2 ribbons are from Target Dollar Spot and the black tulle is from May Arts ribbon

In the front pocket is a wrapped candy bar. You pull up on the bow and the candy appears. I learned how to make this push/pull project many many years ago. Orange ribbon is from May Arts Ribbon.
The bat is from Silhouette Design Store , Happy Halloween ticket stamp set, candy sticker, and rosette die are all from Tim Holtz. Designer paper was a Halloween paper pad I got at Hobby Lobby about 4 years ago. I don't know if they still carry it or not.

bat cut file: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-shape/12283
rosette die: https://www.amazon.com/Sizzix-Sizzlits-Decorative-Strip-Rosette/dp/B0044JMOIO
Happy Halloween stamp: https://www.amazon.com/Stampers-Holtz-Large-Cling-Rubber/dp/B0048IC2HY/ref=sr_1_1?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1507998503&sr=1-1&keywords=tim+holtz+odds+and+ends
candy sticker: https://www.scrapbook.com/store/pp-av-th93050.html
black tulle: https://www.mayarts.com/ribbons/3-inch-tulle/









No comments:

Post a Comment