Sunday, July 16, 2017

Ready to Pop!

My last church shower to help host theme was She's Ready to Pop! Several things had a "pop" theme to it, starting with this tag invite with a Tootsie "pop" on the front.

As you walked in to the sign in table, there were some flowers in a vase with "pop"corn.

Message board with balloons that can be "pop"ped.

to eat: cake "pops"

yummy gooey "pop"corn

rice krispie treats (think; snap, crackle, "pop"

plates and napkins with pretty "pops" of color


 and not pictured was a punch made with sherbet and 7-Up (aka: soda "pop")

This was a very bittersweet shower for me as it was my last church shower as shower coordinator/hostess/helper/etc. I put in many hours of love and designing for each shower and hope and pray that each of the new mommies and/or brides-to-be felt special and loved with each and every shower.

Note: This blog may be quiet (even more so than it's been lately) for awhile as I figure out "my place in this world" and what to do next with my life. 3 weeks before this shower I was in a car accident and totaled the car. I'm okay (just had a concussion, bruises and messed up ribs), but it really messed with my mind. The accident as well as circumstances that led to my stepping down as shower coordinator (I do have peace about that decision though), have left me "wandering", trying to figure out what to do next, be involved in, etc.


2 comments:

  1. Oh Debbie! Did not know about your accident!! So sorry! Will say a prayer that God places you in the right direction for the next chapter in your life. Life can be SO hard at times. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm positive that all the recipients of your wonderful showers were just amazed and thrilled. This one looks like such fun with the all "pop" goodies. So sorry to hear about your accident. Hang in there and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete